From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2017 09:06:54 -0600
Are you saying two different things here? I am pretty sure there are ways to asphyxiate bees with vaporized acids.

As I mentioned in the text,  actual volumes  of 10 grams of sublimation, showed no visible signs of problems.

I also clearly stated  "REPEATED" esxposures there may be some issues with.

Plus, research clearly shows that *any* disturbance to clustered bees cause activity at a time when they are supposed to be minimally active.

I made no claims on this point,  simply pointed out what I do,  as others have also.   If you don't want to disturb the bees,  then don’t.

Plus, you mention "good data" and "some research" but no specifics. Without any more details, you are handing us "alternative facts."

Come on Pete,  these are great minds,  I am not holding hands and researching every point for others,  If you doubt me,  do a google search for yourself!.... as to "some research"  I have no specifics,  someone I trust was discussing it with me,  its not out for public consumption.  Just a simple caution,  that its probably possible to use OA too much.  I would think that most people can understand that concept, even without a research link.

Personally when someone here post about something they read,  I take them at face value,  if I want more  or disagrees, I try to dig it up myself or ask for a link.  No suggestions of alternate facts,  discussion and debate, nothing more.

Since google seems to be broken this morning for you here are some links

http://www.beeculture.com/sublimation/   Exposure at 4.5 grams per hive

The orginal in case you still doubt  http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00218839.2015.1106777

As mentioned  the original paper that used up around 10 grams was from Germany,  It was in German and needs translation.  If the above link at 2.5 times the recommended dosage of 2 grams per hive for sublimation is not enough evidence,  then one needs to investigate further on their own.

Charles