From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 16:18:35 -0700
>I am glad that the "windshield test"has at least gotten a bit of science
to back it up albeit in Europe.

I live in an urban area with virtually no pesticide application--the few
small farms are nearly all organic with scant pest pressure.  Land use has
scarcely changed over the past several decades.

Yet insect populations here are nowhere near what they used to be.  When my
sons were young, we easily filled cedar boxes with pinned insects for their
school projects.  I just took a break from typing to pull some of those
boxes off the shelf to remember what some of those previously-common
insects looked like.  I just don't see them any more.  I don't see them on
my porch light when I occasionally leave it on.  I don't see them on
flowers, flying through the air, or on the car radiator.

Something certainly appears to be changing.  I don't know what it is, but
it is biologically alarming.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA