From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2017 06:56:44 -0700

> >I'm surprised that this is the first we are hearing of this.

He certainly hasn't tried to keep it a secret--he posted his method quite a
bit a Beesource some years ago (and was frustrated by the deniers), and I
often show photos of his results in my presentations.

> I wonder why so many attempts in Florida failed so miserably.
> Maybe we have only recently had pollen sub worthy of the name.

Could be Jim, he developed his own sub.  But I can confirm that other
top-tier subs will do the same.

>I wonder how economical this practice is. Obviously it must be or he
wouldn't continue.

It is quite lucrative : )

>>Again Randy I do think you need to be a bit more careful with your use of
words

Absolutely right:  How about this? To date, I have seen zero evidence in
support of the hypothesis that photoperiod is a determining factor in
colony buildup.  On the other hand, I have seen considerable evidence to
the contrary.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA