From:
Scott Koppa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 10:47:10 -0400
Thanks, Peter, I was not visualizing the isolated drone cells interspersed among normal brood.

I had responded to the observation of:

>Here is central Vermont we are seeing what appears to be an increase in drone egg laying heading into the fall...The laying patterns are in worker cells in the center of the frames working concentrically outward. However, the queens are also laying fertilized eggs in adjacent frames and or in the same frames and the concentrated drone patterns.

This was a patch of drone brood in the middle of worker comb, and she is laying worker brood in one frame up top and 3 frames in the lower super. So it seemed to fit the description. Combine that with a follow-up comment about swarming and my finding 3 swarm cells building out in that same hive (along with using the hive for a combination this year), and I decided I'd chime in. Not really concerned, just interested. Sorry to be off-topic.

Skillman, NJ