Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 13 May 2017 13:57:35 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
> When I say red,  the range is pretty wide.

Charles, this is not a good example. Try telling the officer that there is a range of red when he pulls you over for running a red light.

It is easy to compare young vs old queens to see if there is a benefit, whether honey production, brood production or winter survival. These things can be measured.

¶

We conducted this experiment to determine the effects of queen age on some physiological characteristics (survival rate, wintering ability, brood production, worker-bee population and honey yields) of the honeybee colonies under nomad beekeeping conditions in Turkey.

The results of this study support the previous data that the queen’s age is one of the most important factors affecting the productivity of colonies. The best results were obtained from group I and group II which had younger queens than other groups.

Colonies headed by young queens produced nearly 150% more honey than the national average. Perhaps the use of old queens is one of the main reasons for low honey production per colony in Turkey. Old queens should be replaced, especially after the second year.

Akyol, E., Yeninar, H., Korkmaz, A., & Çakmak, I. (2008). An observation study on the effects of queen age on some characteristics of honey bee colonies. Italian Journal of Animal Science, 7(1), 19-25.

¶

Colors can be measured, too

PANTONE Bright Red
Color values: