HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gary Vines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2023 23:12:47 +1000
This can has me stumped. It is about 20cm high and 9 cm diam. With a 15mm hole in one end. The seams are crimped. Could it be an early preserved food can or even some sort of paraffin lamp body? Any suggestions welcome.  - see image on Flickr.  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://flic.kr/p/2oAQ42u__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!azQoWp7XXtuDIprNIhWHURkplui5_eXcWHYuy52YjifZDW1rzxmAy8vJwT_SfXrGs4tF1qnUGtKCt2mxHVo$