From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 08:15:14 -0400
When do you think it will come to pass that beekeepers will look back on today like we look back on the AFB Epidemic of the early 20th Century? I have thought that perhaps we were coming out of the Varroa/Virus Era, gaining ground, getting better. But, and maybe this is in part because of problems within my own outfit, lately it seems like things in the Bee World are not getting better. I don't know if things are getting worse. But they don't seem to me to be getting better. Maybe some of you all can dispel me of this notion. Give me reason to hope for a brighter future, not too far off in the distance.

I'm supposed to address a group of nonbeekeepers who want to know what they can do to help the bees. My short answer is, I don't know. My long answer is about 7 pages double spaced. I believe that the answer is so complex that no one person actually knows and has a satisfactory long term answer. Set me straight, please.

Thanks,
MarkB