Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 20:36:13 -0800
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>

> >How do you see it?? Do you think we have made much progress [on feeding
> bees pollen sub]?

 Charlie, it's hard to compare the feeding of animals in confinement to the
feeding of free-flying bees.  Confined animals need to be fed every day.
Bees confined by cold weather don't need to be fed for months.

The timing and amount of feeding can be based on basic understanding of bee
nutritional needs, and the desired effect sought by the beekeeper, which I
have spelled out carefully in my articles.  And the need can be easily
assessed by inspecting the amount of brood, and the amount of jelly being
fed to young larvae.

Do you have a specific question that you feel that I haven't covered?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA