HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2019 20:14:58 +0000
There's this.

https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Places-Health-Safety-Archaeology/dp/089789801X

https://nysarchaeology.org/nyac/health-and-safety/

________________________________
From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Adrian Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 5:28:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Health and safety considerations for exhumations

Hi all,

Can anyone point me to any articles or research that explore the issues
around possible health and safety risks associated with exhumation of
historical graves, both in general (e.g. lead/chemical/hazmat exposure,
depth of excavations), but also specifically in relation to the possibility
that an interred individual died of a communicable disease (e.g. Spanish
Influenza). i.e., are there risks of disease transmission from a historical
burial, and is there any research to back this up?

Since so far I have nothing on it, I will also accept your informed
anecdotes and opinions!

Thanks kindly

*Adrian Myers, PhD*

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]