HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2016 09:46:48 -0700
Dear Histarchers,

The special commemorative 50th-anniversary issue of Post-Medieval Archaeology is available free online for a limited time via the following link:

http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/ypma20/50/1

The contents of the commemorative issue are as follows:

Editorial: ‘The greatest of these is charity’; 50 years of Post-Medieval Archaeology
Alasdair Brooks

A short history of the Society for Post-Medieval Archaeology
Harold Mytum

The medieval to early modern transition in a digital age: new developments relevant to the study of domestic buildings
David H. Caldwell & Catriona Cooper

Globalization and the spread of capitalism: material resonances
Audrey Horning & Eric Schweickart

Cities in the modern world
Peter Davies & Greig Parker

The archaeology of industry; people and places
Marilyn Palmer & Hilary Orange

The post-medieval rural landscape: towards a landscape archaeology?
Jemma Bezant & Kevin Grant

The material culture of the modern world
Mary C. Beaudry & Natascha Mehler

Standing buildings and built heritage
Adrian Green & James Dixon

Where the battle rages: war and conflict in Post-Medieval Archaeology
Natasha N. Ferguson & Douglas Scott

The contemporary in post-medieval archaeology
Laura McAtackney & Sefryn Penrose

The archaeology of post-medieval death and burial
Layla Renshaw & Natasha Powers

Obituary: Lawrence Butler (1934 – 2014)
Harold Mytum

I hope you enjoy the issue - and my thanks to all of the contributors (not least my fine team of assistant editors)

Alasdair Brooks
Editor, Post-Medieval Archaeology