From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 07:20:50 -0400
a snip...
In all the discourse that currently is occurring I'm wondering how much listening is actually being done.

my comments...
Well certainly this would improve some peoples conversational skills.  I call this 'active listening' and it is much harder to do on a consistent bases than it first might appear.  As at least one post has suggested many folks in the heat of the discussion rather that lister to what folks are saying will use this time to construct arguments which invariable comes off a shallow and without much content.  Other seem to be disagreeing just to disagree which imho doesn't make someone's argument sound more convincing.

In addition it seems some folks will split hairs on definition and pretend this make some difference in the real content of the discussion.  For example recently we have seen some disagreement (in another BeeL thread) concerning the definition of what a term like 'drone layer' means.  Just because I call a queen a 'drone layer' and some one else calls it a 'poorly mated queen' doesn't seem to make much difference in the final measure of things.  Might I suggest... chill out a bit and do try and appreciate how other folks look at things and recognize up front that their dictionary may be slightly different from your own.  This SMALL difference doesn't make either party right or wrong.