Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:17:05 +1200
From:
F & J O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
In our commercial operation we have over many years, tested by mite wash, every hive in an apiary...but not all apiaries.  We did this to establish when we first got Varroa in the apiary and then secondly to see what levels were across the yard.  Interestingly we found that one hive in the apiary had a high reading and the rest would have one, two or none. And this tread continues even when the mites are high across all the hives,  one will spike higher.

Often it would be better to extend the time before treatments have to go in....... can anyone please tell me whether any studies have been done to either isolate that hive, or treat the hive only..... to bring it back to under threshold.  Therefore giving a gap before full treatment across all hives.  Maybe someone may have experimented?

Fiona
NZ