HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
michael gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2018 15:39:30 -0600
Rebecca,

While I might could be wrong, the item of interest looks similar, although
only a fragment, of the item Alexander Wayne Anthony posted to the HISTARCH
list for an ID on 29 October.

Also, the item looks similar to ones the Camp Douglas Restoration
Foundation recovered from Bronzeville Neighborhood deposits dating to the
late 19th through early 20th centuries on Chicago's near South Side. I can
provide photos of complete and fragmented items that look similar to the
one recovered at the Gray-Cloud House.

If it is the burner tip from a carbide lamp, you can find period images
contributed by Bob Skiles as part of Anthony's ID thread.

my best,

mike gregory