HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chris Garst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2017 14:30:44 -0500
Thank you all for the excellent advice given today regarding the
possible cannon ball/bomb/artillery shell in our collection.  My
original email was posted for a colleague (who can't seem to sign up for
HistArch) and I will certainly present all your remarks and suggestions
to her. It may turn out that it isn't a ball/shell/bomb after all,
rather some type or rolling or smoothing ball.  If you'd like to see a
picture of the artifact click here,
http://www.kansasmemory.org/item/440458. I am told its small size argues
against it being so, but the concavity shown argues for it being some
kind of ordinance.
Chris Garst