Date:
Thu, 26 May 2016 21:44:51 +0000
 I have seen this and photographed it in only one of 400 hives I was running .   It was a few years after varroa mite hit,  and yes it was a crossbreed.  You could see the different coloured bees, some dark, some yellow .  I thought it was hygenic bees and marked the hive but when I went back a month later all the brood was normal.

Just have to try and find the pictures.  I have them on a Power point.

Frank Lindsay
NZ