HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:34:37 +0100
Given the shortage of jobs in general, it's not an issue I've ever seen come
up.
Despite the standard BS included in job postings about equal opportunities
for women, and maybe something about workers with disabilities (I've often
wondered what would happen if someone confined to a wheelchair applied for
some job involving excavating), basic health and safety regulations are
bypassed way too often here in Germany.
If you can't get water so people can wash their hands before lunch after
excavating in medieval latrines, or provide the mandatory separate portable
toilets for women when you have a mixed crew, then... no one is going to
make allowances for anyone unable, as they say, to "carry their weight" :(
Good luck.