HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jon Marcoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 19:51:12 +0000
Erin,
My colleague Duane Esarey wrote his dissertation on what he calls "standardized marine shell" (wampum, runtees, etc.)
It's titled
Another kind of beads: A forgotten industry of the North American colonial period by Esarey, Duane Eugene, Ph.D., THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL
Regards,
Jon

Jon Bernard Marcoux, Ph.D.
Salve Regina University
Noreen Stonor Drexel Cultural and Historic Preservation Program
Department of Art and Art History
Department of Cultural, Environmental, and Global Studies
100 Ochre Court Avenue
Newport, RI 02840
(401) 341-2252