HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Erin Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:43:14 -0500
Hello,

I am working on an honors thesis at Stony Brook University. I am looking
for cataloged collections which include wampum, shell, and glass beads,
either published, unpublished, or in the gray literature. Would anyone be
able to point me to any relevant sources of information? I am looking
specifically at the Long Island Sound Culture Area and Western New York
during the Precontact and the Contact- Historic Periods. I am interested
specifically in relative quantities and manufacturing especially from dated
contexts.

Thank you!

Best,

Erin Becker