HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"C. Cessford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2015 19:01:42 +0100
Hi,

Although much earlier in terms of period a good starting place is the
work of Jo Appleby as some of the ideas are applicable:

Appleby, J. 2011. Bodies, burials and ageing: the temporality of old age
in prehistoric societies. Oxford Journal of Archaeology 30(3), 231-246.

Appleby, J. 2010. Why We Need an Archaeology of Old Age, and a Suggested
Approach. Norwegian Archaeological Review 43(2), 145-168.

Yours

Craig Cessford