HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Speal, Charles S" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2014 13:02:38 -0400
In many ways, I think that the best possible counter to shows like NatGeo 'Diggers' would be a program that mixes 'Cops'-style busts of looters (perhaps like that linked below, although granted all the facts are not in on this case) with responsible (yet stimulating, which is unfortunately a bit rare) cultural resource investigations. What our industry needs is a talented spokesperson to engage the public in the media.

Too bad Neil de Grasse Tyson didn't take up archaeology...

Scott Speal