HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Benjamin Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:57:13 -0400
Keith,

Do you have the publications from the mills in Bethlehem, PA? I'm not
sure that they would suit your needs because they are largely as you
have described- mostly about the layout of the mill and the machinery.

Here's the only reference that I can get my hands on at the moment:
Murtagh, William J. 1998. Moravian Architecture and Town Planning:
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and Other Eighteenth-century American
Settlements. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.

I also have a few reports buried deep in my digital files of the
excavations of these mills (both the "oil" and the grist mill). Let me
know if you would like them and I will try to dredge them up.

Cheers,
Ben