HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jan Selmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2016 12:04:53 +0200
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marston_Mat
"Large quantities of matting were produced; approximately 2 million tons
costing more than US$200 million (in the 1940s).[4] At the end of the
war a large amount of the material remained as war surplus and was
pressed into use in various civil engineering applications such as road
and bridge construction."