HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kayla Marciniszyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:46:40 -0700
I have a clear glass bottle that I am having difficulty identifying despite the maker's marks. This comes from an early 20th century feature (1910s-1940s). The shape is similar to that of a soda bottle, with a round base and suction scar, stippling all over the body except the areas that are embossed. I only have the base and body portion, the shoulders and neck/finish are missing. The embossed marks include the word "GOBLIN" inside a large triangle and then an image of a goblin holding what looks like a pint glass inside of a circle. If anyone has any idea of the origin of this bottle I would greatly appreciate it.