Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2016 21:29:33 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
a littlewolfbees snip..
So let's switch the conversation to diarrhea
Let's hear what people have to say about what the cause of that is
so others might learn.

Is it what the bees have brought in , i.e an imbalance in their food supply
like some of us  consuming too many prunes etc.

my comments...
my first suspect would be nutrition.  not to be cute but would a high ash content in the honey incline bees toward diarrhea?  and nosema (back to topic I guess) has always been reported to be a problem that seem to disappear when the hives nutrition improves (a flow begins).

by direct reports from some old time northern beekeeper I was led to believe that diarrhea is more associated with the feeding of 'dark honey' and with how much time they are confined due to cold weather.

here the bees fly and normally have some access to pollen pretty much 12 months of the year so I can't even recall the last time I saw a really manifested case of diarrhea.  knock on wood!