From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2017 11:24:26 -0400
> you chose to simple refute  based on someone else's old work.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, it isn't "someone else's old work," it is work done by a world famous bee researcher, teacher and author of one of the best books on beekeeping, in its fourth edition. Also, many other researchers have worked on this, I know of a half a different dozen sources.

But the idea that the work is "old" is not relevant. Bee behavior is millions of years old; hasn't changed measurably. The hive bees will attack and kill a foreign queen most of the time.

The technique of introducing queen cells into the super is at least 30 years old. During a heavy honey flow, it might even work. But would I buy a thousand queen cells and do this with them? Hardly.

Back when I was producing thousands of queen cells, somebody offered to buy as many as I could produce for 25 cents each. The going rate then was $2.00. If he thought it would work, why did he want them marked down so much? (I wouldn't them sell at that price).

Finally, I once asked Tom Seeley whether he thought putting a cell in the super would result in her becoming the queen of that hive. He said, not often enough to make it worth while, or words to that effect.

PLB