From:
Robert Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2016 10:50:07 -0400
Hi Eugene and All
On 14-Jul-16, at 9:47 AM, Eugene Makovec wrote:

> Per Randy Oliver: "As I noted in my last post, mites do not "seek"
> drone brood--it is simply a matter of chance whether they enter a
> worker or drone cell."
>
> For years I have been told, and have been telling others, that mites
> prefer drone cells for reproduction.
> Are you saying this is all wrong?

Why do many use drone brood removal a part of their IPM program if
there are only a few mites in the green drone sized frames.   Although
I understand, from the OBA Tech Transfer Program, that it is an
effective varroa control method, I don't use it because of my
unreliable timekeeping skills where only one day late in removing the
drone frame is very very late when it comes to varroa.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W