Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 2016 14:42:59 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
My friend E.t. Ash wrote: "I do know that sometimes the best advice here is to ask someone with credential to give you an accurate and updated answer and not totally rely on either Mr Borst or my own unprofessional impression of how these things work.   At least here if someone did what Mr Borst suggest is routine in dealing with public property at Cornell they would at the least have their employment terminated and possible also be facing criminal charges.  What he describes is at the minimum ethically questionable and at the worst criminal. "

Peter would know who to ask, I don't, and he probably did ask. How things work and how things are supposed to work, I find, in the World are often two different things.

I don't know if "routine" is the right word regarding what happened to Dyce Lab and its contents, but someone, or probably a group of someones, decided that the best thing to do with Dyce Lab was to dismantle and distribute its contents in a number of different ways. From my distant and less than fully informed perspective. I don't know if this is what happens in other Departments at Cornell, routinely. But what does one do with equipment and archival paraphernalia when a Chair is vacated and a Lab is closed? I certainly don't know. And don't know who has authority. The Dept Chair, I assume.

"ethically questionable and at the worst criminal"? Certainly beyond my scope of knowledge and experience.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2