Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2015 11:08:49 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Charles Said:

First off any real beekeepercould have warned him about the nostril......  But the male sex organ IMO is notanywhere near the most painful spot.   As someone who wears shorts quite often, I have been hit there on more than one occasion.  And its  no big deal.  In factthe IMO the cuticles of the fingernails are worse.....Nose,  and ears.... For me somehow the ear burns like its on fire for 2-3 minutes.   Stings aboutanywhere else I hardly notice. 

I fully agree, with one caveat - worst sting ever, bee got under veil, ran up and charged into my nostril.  Went as far as she could go, then nailed me inside the nose!!!  The eye on that side just started flowing water.

Worst bee incident that I know about with a single bee - one of our MT beekeepers had a bee go into his ear canal, got stung, but she stayed alive in there, running around, and buzzing.  He was 90 miles from Missoula, no medical in his rural community.  He had to have someone drive him to Missoula with the bee driving him crazy all the time.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2