From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 2015 18:19:06 -0700
I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on this finding.  It
could explain why some "treatment free" beekeepers are enjoying success,
and explain a number of other unexplained findings of other researchers
(think Arnot Forest).

And since DWV is transmitted transovariolly (sp?) from queen to egg, it
offers the possibility of queen producers selling DWV-resistant queen stock.

We'd still need to manage varroa, due to the paralytic viruses, but getting
a handle on DWV could be a game changer.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA