Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2014 05:27:35 -0500
I've just been invited to set up an apiary on a proposed new solar farm

where (for the sake of 'green credentials' I think) they intend to set

aside 20 acres to plant a 'wild flower meadow'. Of course not all wild

flowers are equally attractive to bees so it will be interesting to

see, over time, which ones prosper and spread as a result of bee

pollination.

I'm wondering how many hives 20 acres will support.  The farming in the

area is fairly industrial but the hedgerows seem to have plenty of bee

forage.

Chris