From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:06:37 -0400
Thanks Medhat     The first two recommendations are what I've always heard.  I should note that disinfecting is an ongoing process - don't forget to disinfect the grafting tools periodically - alcohol should work.  I assume your recommendation to feed fumagillin implies that you think there's an association of the virus and Nosema?

Sent from my iPhone
Hello Stan
It is clear from your description
that is BQCV.
I used to advice my queen breeders and producers who have this
issue to do the following:

- disinfect all materials used for grafting by
boiling
- use new queen cups no recycling or refracting in failed queen
cells
- feed fumagillin during cell production to cell builders

It should
work and clear this situation in your queen rearing
operation

J.J. Bromenshenk
Bee Alert
Missoula, Mt