HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chris Garst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2017 08:37:48 -0500
Once again, thank you all for the input and offers regarding the
potential ordinance that was a part of the collections here at the
Kansas Historical Society.  It is looking more and more like it is NOT
ordinance, but we are going to proceed as though it were.  We are
contacting the KBI here in Topeka and will ask them to first xray the
object and then, if it appears to have a chamber inside (as opposed to
solid metal), to blow it up in a manner that might at least leave us
some pieces. If there is ANY question about it's safety that artifact is
toast as far as I am concerned. Again, thank you all for your sage advice.

Chris Garst
Kansas Historical Society