From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2015 05:28:19 -0400
a  Mr Linder snip...
Compare this to the alternative.

my comments...
really trying to be up front here I am neither a neonic denier nor a promoter but at the end of the road this is the question that needs to be asked.  for those of us who kept bees during the days of massive ariel spraying 'that' alternative doesn't look so desirable either.

and thank you Charles for keeping us informed from the front line of this conflict.  personally given how and where I keep bees and my extremely low expectation on what my girls need to produce my own level of risk here is fairly low (likely given my locations almost non existant).  I have long suspect that marginal bee nutrition is a good portion of this problem... and some folks comments here concerning a hive health around corn and soybeans (someone also mentioned blue berries) and it is not difficult for me to think that neonics may just well be the feather that breaks the camels back.

ps... some decades ago I tried to rear bees in a portion of the south dominated by solid tract of pine timber (pre tm and pre varroa) and keeping hives healthy there (even in small numbers) was extremely difficult.