From:
David Tharle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:50:33 -0600
In the early years all we could get bulk at a reasonable price was I think 85%.  We would cut it (thankfully this acid is water friendly) as we charged the pads.  Had a miscommunication one time and only diluted it to 75%. Put on a 1000 pads before we discovered the mistake.  Didn't seem to do any damage (fall - big populations) but I'd rather not repeat that mistake. Also we started to hear that you had to be careful what Formic you sourced, as some was diluted with solvents (?) which could be harmful to the bees or the beekeeper.  Fortunately Medivet (makers of Fumagilin-B) stepped up and began supplying a guaranteed bee friendly 65% product at a very reasonable price which we've used ever since.

Sent from my iPad
David Tharle
T'N'T Apiaries
Ardmore, Alberta