From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2015 13:45:12 -0500
On 8-Jan-15, at 11:47 AM, Kathryn Kerby wrote:

>   I'd like to start managing
> my bees a little more actively during 2015, but don't feel like I
> know who
> to trust in terms of the authors I have.  Recommendations?  Thanks in
> advance..

Hi Kathryn and all

The book that I recommend does not fit the type of book that you
describe, but is instead a reference book.  'Plants for Beekeeping in
Canada and the northern USA'.  Written By Jane Ramsay and published
by IBRA (International Bee Research Association).  I bought my copy
at Apimondia 99 in Vancouver and have used many times over the
years.  Last year, the librarian of our local bee club tried to find
a copy but was unsuccessful.  I tried and also failed to find even a
used copy online.  I found a printer in Victoria BC who had the book
on digital files.  I promoted the book at the two bee clubs of which
I am a member and ended up getting 50 copies printed, paying the
royalty to IBRA, and distributed at cost to those who ordered.
Try ISBN 0-86098-191-6 on the web, maybe you will luck out

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W