From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 06:32:31 -0700
"But if there are native bees doing the same work as honey bees on the same
crops, on the scale of modern agriculture rather than backyards, please tell
us the specific crops, acreages, and locations"

According to the Ohio Bee Lab people at Ohio State University using honey bees to pollinate squash and pumpkins is a waste of money in Ohio as the native squash bee gets there first in the morning and does all needed pollination in Ohio commercial operations.  Honey bees will sure go after those flowers for pollen later in the day but accomplish nothing of use to the plant.

Dick

" Any discovery made by the human mind can be explained in its essentials to the curious learner."  Professor Benjamin Schumacher talking about teaching quantum mechanics to non scientists.   "For every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong."  H. L. Mencken