From:
Fernando Esteban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 2015 19:40:36 -0300
Dear all

I took the explanation of Richard Cryberg talking about ionization of
"Acetic acid fumigation for Nosema"

Richard Said:
"when hydrogen ions are released those ions hydrate and formation of the
hydrated hydrogen ions  results in tremendous heat release.  As sulfuric
acid generates vastly more ions when dissolved in water then acetic acid
generates when dissolved under the same concentration conditions the amount
of hydration heat is vastly more from the sulfuric"

Thank you Richard !

This ionizing effect is what I think it works with cardboard strips soaked
into oxalic acid diluted in glycerol (GlycerOx) against Varroa.

I remember a day when the cardboard strpis were not wet enough.
I took a bucket with the strips dripping GlycerOx. In an hour I was working
with a cloth glove soaked up GlycerOx. I had no problems with the skin of my
fingers but the liquid that penetrated beneath the nails and cuticles make
necrosis. After three to four days the body expelled the necrotic tissues.
(I will not work again with strips with GlycerOx dripping)

Is bee proboscide or mandibulary "jaw clamps" a humid tissue?

Is it possible bees were touching Varroa mouth with GlycerOx and ionization
occurs because moisture of hemolynph that Varroa is sucking? Then Varroa
could be cooked by this ionization as my fingers...

thanks in advance for your coments

Fernando
Cordoba, Arg.