From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:01:50 -0000
>Like it or not we have a lot of newbies,  who really are not skilled,
doing
things that are not good on queens.

Certainly agree with that - I rarely have the time to go out and help new
beekeepers sort out their hives - they should come to association meetings
more often and learn something - but when I do I am often appalled by their
lack of knowledge and poor management skills; even worse, many do not seem
to think it important to gain knowledge, expecting others to help them.

I am particularly concerned about oxalic acid treatment.  The general wisdom
seems to be the bees should only suffer this once.  That is fine for
workers, but what about the queen?

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W