From:
"Pruiett, Karen S" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2015 13:38:20 +0000
There is no such thing as "field edges" in my part of Illinois (east central). Every square foot is under cultivation unless the farmer has acreage enrolled in CRP programs-so far most is not pollinator enhanced. Roadsides are typically maintained in turf thanks to batwing mowers. However, I increasingly see monarchs in our CRP Pollinator Acreage~7 acres. I try to place my colonies (usually 4/yard) near watershed areas which have a bit of timber and a little more forage, but difficult in my county.
Karen S. Pruiett