HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ben Resnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 18:55:42 +0000
We encountered several horseshoes buried partially beneath the corner of a dressed stone foundation at a 19th century domestic site located along the southern Virginia coastal plain.  Additional horseshoes were also recovered along the foundation wall of an early 20th century addition.  I would be interested to hear of any similar observations for these site types including information regarding the possible background of site occupants (ethnicity, etc.).

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Resnick, MA, RPA, MBA
GAI Consultants, Inc.
385 East Waterfront Drive, Homestead, PA 15120-5005
412.476.2000 ext. 1200 | C 412.759.3156