From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2015 10:04:51 -0400
Bill, a few thoughts of mine.

What would not condensate yet insulate while not absorbing moisture and
staying damp... I have no idea.

I would think anything with a sharp temperature differential ( I'm no
thermal dynamic engineer) would tend to condensate.

I know it's common practice for chicken houses and even small animal huts
like farrowing huts for hogs when using metal roofing to use the 4x8 sheets
of 1 inch insulation styrofoam so not to drip cold water on them from their
breathing etc...

So I would simply think cutting a section of this insulation board to fit
under your covers would work.

So the next question is regardless of what is used, how do you keep the
bees from chewing it up, plastic, styrofoam, whatever? Maybe some wire
glued to the bottom?

I'm sure like everything there are pros and cons but would seem to me the
board insulation would be easiest regardless of setup...

Find some chicken houses being torn down in rural NC and get those sheets
often 20 foot or more long...