HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Keith Doms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2017 16:06:34 +0000
We are looking to acquire period correct (mid 18th C.) redware milk pans.  So we are looking for some dimensions and more detailed descriptions.  I have come across numerous milk pans sherds in my career and reassembled some but no longer have access to them.  Unfortunately, the reports I have examined merely note the presence of milk pans and MNIs in some cases with no additional details.  Does any have access to  or recorded dimensions of any redware milk pans, particularly in the Mid-Atlantic Region?

Keith R. Doms
Newlin Grist Mill
Site Manager
219 S. Cheyney Rd.