HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:54:15 +0000
From:
"Davis, Daniel (KYTC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Don't forget magnetometry! It's pretty useful as well. Here in Kentucky, we try to use "all of the above" as an approach as often as we can, since they all have different strengths and weaknesses. It also depends on the specific equipment that you use for each of the approaches, the distance at which you take readings, the sensitivity of the antenna you have on your GPR - and all of that depends on the types of features you expect may be present, the depth at which they may occur, and the soils in which you are conducting the survey. There are some good references and suggested reads on Wiki, but there are many other references floating around on the web that will help spell out which is best for what.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geophysical_survey_%28archaeology%29