From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:44:31 +1000
On 27/04/2015 9:41 PM, Peter Loring Borst wrote:

> Neonicotinoids are used in Australia, where honey bee losses have not occurred.

One is tempted to say it is because of better beekeeping, but I wouldn't
say that.   Some bods have blamed it for various ills, particularly
those who work canola, but in fact the reality is beekeepers here unless
on pollination, do not spend much time on cropping land.  Our build
country here is some native heath and then followed by straight to honey
on bushland or further build on some horticultural country.  This has
occasional pesticide problems as it has changed from dairying to mostly
macadamia nut growing.  Even so one would only tend to spend a maximum
of six weeks on country that is likely to have insecticide
applications.   There have been some problems from spray drift from
aerial cotton spraying, devastating to the individual, but not all that
significant in the great scheme of things.

Geoff Manning