HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2018 15:47:34 -0400
From:
Timothy Scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I’m also going to follow this discussion with interest.

Archeologists often grumble about finding ways to assign dollar values. I’ve heard people ask this before about the value of archaeological collections. Being told “they are priceless” does not help when an insurance company wants to know a value so they can insure a museum exhibit against theft or fire.