HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2016 17:03:36 +0000
From:
Pete Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Susan, There is a large fat skillet , likely of French origin, that comes from Presidio
Los Adaes (1723-1773) in northwest Louisiana that likely was a coral. It was associated with a pit feature impacted by treasure hunters. Across the area today the cast iron skillets are used as comales , stored in the kitchen with the metate and mano. Local Spanish uses the French word, sedron for these skillets. Ceramic comales are seemingly absent here abouts. Anyway this one is about 10 x 20 cm. , a round oval and relatively thin. Closest thing we have found. Thought you might find it of interest.  H.F.Gregory

Sent from my iPad