From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2014 07:31:23 -0400
Accuweather predicts a return of the "Polar Vortex" this winter.

Last year, in NYC, anyone who was not weighing hives, tracking consumption,
and feeding in February lost their bees to simple starvation.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/us-2014-2015-winter-forecast/3542
2753

http://tinyurl.com/md44cjg

"Cold air will surge into the Northeast in late November, but the brunt of
the season will hold off until January and February. The polar vortex, the
culprit responsible for several days of below-zero temperatures last year,
will slip down into the region from time to time, delivering blasts of
arctic air.

'I think, primarily, we'll see that happening in mid-January into February
but again, it's not going to be the same type of situation as we saw last
year, not as persistent,' AccuWeather.com Expert Long-Range Forecaster Paul
Pastelok said.

'The cold of last season was extreme because it was so persistent. We saw
readings that we haven't seen in a long time: 15- to 20-below-zero
readings.' "

Snow accumulation is also expected to be higher than usual.

California is predicted to get none of the precip to relieve their, by now,
new normal condition of drought.