Date:
Wed, 28 May 2014 10:10:14 -0400
> But I cannot comfortably extrapolate, with you,  that this means bees are
> not suffering any effects from neonics on other crops in other places.

Who has done this on this list? Just the opposite.

> The plant species, the type of treatment cocktail, the nature of the soil,
> the behavior of the insects at different latitudes, the weather, the local
> forage, and many more variables mean that "one size" does not necessarily
> "fit all"....at least, not until we prove it does.

Which is exactly what most all of us have said, to get out into field and
do studies to show just what the problems may be.

The issue with Lu and others is dose. Simple as that. That will vary with
application methods. So get out into the field and measure them with actual
colonies and actual bees, not by grinding up plants.

What has been nice about this whole issue is that it is bringing out the
fact that many pesticides create the same behavioral problems with bees as
do the neonics, again confirmed by Jerry's post.  It has also been
substantiated on almonds with five pesticides. There, also, it was the dose
that determined the behavior.

Every cancer was cured long ago in the lab. I see lab reports daily on some
cure for some disease but he diseases just do not read the reports, they
wait for the field study. So am I.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine