Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:00:27 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
> We certainly enforce many other areas (commercial vs residential pesticide regulations come to mind).

Right. I certainly did not mean to imply that we should be lawless. The over-consumption of sugar is a bit of a different matter than the mass application of poison. I suppose that puts me firmly in the libertarian camp: I want laws to protect people from other people, but not laws to protect people from themselves.

By extension, laws may be required to protect other species and the environment. Going back to the free market, various mechanisms are often needed to ensure its freedom. Various metaphors come to mind, like unclogging the pipes or greasing the palms ...