From:
Naneum Bee Farm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2015 14:32:39 -0800
The Capital Press ag journal published the following story in 2013 on
the benefits of russian knapweed as cattle feed. Yet it is still listed
as a class b noxious weed. My bees work it and my cows eat it after it
has dried down yet my local noxious weed inspector harasses me about it
every year. At what point does it start to be a crop.

http://www.capitalpress.com/content/mp-russian-knapweed-062513

In my county the weed inspectors are not hired on until many of their
target species are in full bloom at which point the then begin thier
spray campaign  on bloom with lots of bee activity. I feel as though
they are an outdated tax burden. As a hay grower I do not leave my weed
management to the hopes that the weed board will control the weeds
before they contaminate my hay. I choose and implement a weed control
system for my fields. Prior to the highly effective systems that we have
available to us as growers the weed board may have been effective. It
seems to me now an outdated bureaucracy concerned only with its own
survival.